2ND FRIDAY STREET FESTIVAL KICKS OFF MAY 10
Local favorite Irrashional headlines this month’s 2nd Friday
On Friday, May 10, 6-10pm, 2nd Friday Street Festival will return to Old Town Cornelius at Oak Street Mill for its sixth season. Cornelius Cultural Arts Group hosts this monthly event, which runs from May-October on the second Friday of each month. Each festival features beer vendors, food trucks, artisans, crafters, local businesses, and, of course, LIVE music, making it the area’s best after-work, family-friendly party! And don’t forget to bring your furry four-legged friends!
Cynthia Team, CCAG’s executive director, is thrilled to welcome platinum sponsors Lake Norman Hyundai and Lake Norman Infiniti as well as many local businesses that are helping to bring this festival to our community. “After the unprecedented success of the ‘Tawba Walk last month, we’re expecting our biggest festival season ever. People love coming out to support the Cornelius Arts scene, and we’re proud to host events that contribute to it.”
Here’s some of what you’ll see.
• Imusination (ee-mus-i-nation)—a blend of supercharged interactive experiences empowering families to connect by exploring the peaks of possibility—will take the main stage. Imusination is imagination, music, and amusement in concert! Watch our Facebook Page for videos of this immersive, one-of-a-kind experience.
• Dozens of local artisans, crafters, and businesses will be on hand. Expect everything from homemade candles and dog treats to fine art, original paintings, locally thrown ceramics, unique jewelry, and fashion. Many local small businesses and community groups will have booths as well.
• Live artwork from Heather Be and Rico Nye.
• Need a little food and local craft beer? Eleven Lakes, Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, and Red Clay Ciderworks will be pouring. Food truck lineup includes Food Freaks, Carolina Smash Truck, and A Worthy Dog.
• Love Lake Norman is back with its very popular Kids’ Zone!
Event organizer Case Warnemunde promotes the cultural arts scene in Cornelius. “There is so much creativity in this community and such a love for LIVE music. We’re especially excited to kick-off the 2nd Friday season with Irrashional—a band that formed right here in Cornelius and is now enjoying a much broader success. It’s the perfect way to start the weekend.”
Cornelius Cultural Arts Group is a nonprofit whose mission is to use the power of the arts through events and initiatives. To use these events and initiatives to connect community by enhancing quality of life in Cornelius and the surrounding Lake Norman region by supporting and promoting programs of creative expression in arts, science, diversity, history, and heritage.
2nd Friday Street Festival is organized and promoted by Bella Love, Inc., a Cornelius company that specializes in community engagement through events, artist development, and marketing.