Gone, but not forgotten

Sometime around dawn on Sunday, over a century of memories came crashing down at 20017 N Main St. An era of an iconic building on Old Town Cornelius’ busiest intersection has come to a close with the demolished “old bank” building. The Cornelius Bank was founded in 1906 by the Beard family and served the… Continue reading Gone, but not forgotten

Top 5 Fall Fashion Trends

As we move into pumpkin spice season don’t get caught sipping the official drink of fall in last season’s threads! Here are my top five hottest trends for this season that will keep you cozy and chic. 1. Bomber jackets. This season’s hottest style in outerwear brings with it some high school nostalgia. Sporty meets… Continue reading Top 5 Fall Fashion Trends

Call for photos! All American Dog Show this Saturday

#OTSeen #DogsofOTC #OTCpups

Are you headed to the 16th Annual All American Dog Show this weekend? We want to see your pup strutting its stuff! Upload pics of your pooch to Instagram or Facebook using the hashtags: #OTseen #OTCpups #DogsofOTC #AllAmericanDogShow and tag @oldtowncornelius (or email photos to: events@oldtowncornelius.com) for your chance to be featured on our social… Continue reading Call for photos! All American Dog Show this Saturday

On Soul-renewal and Rocks

The melding–sometimes subtle, sometimes not–of the shiny new and historic old in Cornelius sometimes gives me reasons to grin. My latest favorite example is the new Harris Teeter in Antiquity. I have to chuckle when I see the architecture–here, in an historic town where an actual mill was razed decades ago, they erect this “pretend… Continue reading On Soul-renewal and Rocks

Published
Categorized as Community