Who is my Neighbor? Charity knows no distinctive other than one is in need.

Written by: David Judge The term, Good Samaritan, is familiar to most people even if they’ve never cracked open the Bible to the Gospel of Luke where the parable is found.  In that passage of chapter 10, Jesus is asked what one must do to inherit eternal life.   Quoting from Deuteronomy and Leviticus, respectively, Jesus… Continue reading Who is my Neighbor? Charity knows no distinctive other than one is in need.

Familiar Faces, Where Are They Now? OTPH Beertender Update

It’s been well over a month since Old Town’s neighborhood coffeehouse and pub has closed it’s doors due to the Covid-19 pandemic. As many are eager to get back to enjoying the pub’s Cheers-reminiscent atmosphere and nightly entertainment, it looks to still be a long road ahead until things are back to “normal”. While Old Town Public House awaits a reopening with no timeline yet in sight, we wanted to take a look at where the familiar faces are today and how they’re holding up.

Feed LKN through showing some Neighborhood CARE

The C.A.R.E. Center already served as a drop-off point for food items, and has now ramped up the operations, to fully focus on food collection and distribution. The C.A.R.E. center located 19711 Smith Circle is the official hub and food pantry for the general Old Town Cornelius area.

OTC Spotlight: How Local Businesses Are Helping Out During COVID-19

In an effort to shed the light on the positivity in our community — that is oftentimes overlooked — we have compiled a list of all the different ways that some of our favorite small businesses and organizations are doing their part to help others during COVID-19.

Two College Students’ Perspectives on COVID-19

Hello, hello OTC! We are Kami and Maddie, two of OTC’s college interns, and we are here to share with you our reflection on how we came to realize the severity of this global pandemic, offer some quarantine activities, and hopefully spread some positivity during this chaotic time.

Myrüka Chocolate Is the Sweetest Example of Veteran Entrepreneurship in Our Community

With Veteran’s Day just around the corner, we here at OTC wanted to take a moment to highlight one of the hard-working veterans right here in our community, Eric Rice. Eric Rice was first ranger battalion at Hunter Army Airfield in Savannah, GA until 2000 when he left the service to finish his college degree.… Continue reading Myrüka Chocolate Is the Sweetest Example of Veteran Entrepreneurship in Our Community

Hinds Feet Farms: Inspiring Others to Say “Yes I Can”

Set in the natural scenery of Huntersville backwoods, Hinds Feet Farm works to maximize the post injury potential of persons living with brain injury. Over two and a half million people suffer some form of traumatic brain injury each year with many survivors requiring a high level of long-term care and ongoing therapy. Hinds’ Feet… Continue reading Hinds Feet Farms: Inspiring Others to Say “Yes I Can”